The thing that I am most excited for is that once I receive my mission call I will be able to go to the temple. I am pretty sure that I am looking forward to going through the temple more than I am to going on a mission. Don't get me wrong I am very excited to go on a mission but, it is the temple. I don't think that anything could beat the temple.
Words really can't explain how I feel about this. To try to some it up, it feels 100% right and I feel the approval of my Heavenly Father. I can't say that I have felt this way about one of my decisions before, not even with Brock. This is how I know this is what I am supposed to be doing. I feel no hesitation, no second guessing. I feel peace and pure happiness when I think about serving a mission.
I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. That He atoned for my sins and that without Him I would be nothing. I know that Joseph Smith was called of God and that he restored the church for the world today. Without him we wouldn't have the Book of Mormon, the restoration, temples, and so much more. I am so privileged to be a member of this church for it is a privilege that no one should take lightly. I know that I am a daughter of God and that I have a high potential. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father.
My favorite song is I Stand All Amazed. I love this song because I feel that it bears my testimony perfectly.
- I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died
Chorus:
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me
Oh, it is wonderful
Wonderful to me
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
That he should extend his great love unto such as I
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify
(Repeat chorus)
I think of his hands, pierced and bleeding to pay my debt
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet
I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Secure in the promise of life in his victory
Thus ransomed from death I will live to my Savior's praise
And sing of his goodness and mercy through endless days

Thanks Crikette, this was sooo great to read. You're going to be a fantastic missionary! A good way to look at it is you're going on a mission BECAUSE you've been to the temple... And i agree, it's pretty much the best thing ever. I love you!
ReplyDelete