Monday, July 19, 2010

Mission Call!!!!


So you know the song I hope they call me on a mission? The one line that I really do hope applies to me is that I will grow an inch or two. That would be extremely nice. Then possibly petite clothing could actually fit me. Beyond the point.

The main point is I have received my mission call!!!!!!

I am going to Billings Montana on September 8th.

This is a very interesting place to go I think because I am from Idaho and Utah and this mission covers Montana and Wyoming. Maybe it is the Lord's way of telling me I have to stay in this area of the USA forever. But I really am excited/nervous to go. I am excited because I know it is what is right for me and it is where the Lord wants me to go but I am nervous because what if I am not a good missionary. I am sure everything will work out for the best and I have faith and trust in my Savior Jesus Christ.

The only sad thing about serving a mission is leaving college. I have made so many wonderful friends up here at college and by the time I get back from my mission they will all be gone. It really does make me quite sad. Whenever I think about it I almost start to cry. So far I have been able to hold them back but I know that they will sneak out eventually. I have grown so much from my experience at college and from all the people that I have met. It will be hard not being able to call people up or just going to visit them. Hopefully my true friends will write to me. Really all I expect out of people is to write to me at least once on my mission. I don't really think that is asking too much is it?

Anyways, so I am extremely sad to leave BYU-Idaho but extremely excited to serve a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment