Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mon, October 18, 2010

Hello!

So fall weather has finally arrived here in Montana and it is starting to get a little nippy. Even though it is getting cold I love the crispness in the air. I really think that fall and spring are my favorite seasons because they are neither to hot nor to cold. Just right.

This coming up weekend we are going to have three baptisms. Daniel and Isabel Amato are going to be baptized on Saturday. I haven't met these two yet but Sister Smith says they are really amazing. They go to church every week and Sister Smith says they already knew all the information. The only reason why they had to take the missionary lessons is because their parents didn't get them baptized at eight. Yeah I think it is pretty interesting.

The other person being baptized is Dillon Maroncelli. He is 10 and is the smartest kid ever. He is really excited to be baptized and although his mom is a member she is not pushing him into this at all. She is leaving it all up to him which it is wonderful that he is getting baptized. The only thing that is sad is that in primary there is a boy his age that is really mean to him and so Dillon doesn't want to go. I really hope that we can figure out something so he can go to primary because that is the best part of church. I think we are going to ask the Primary teacher if he can go to a different class or something. That would be really good.

This week is zone conference but Elder Packer of the Seventy is going to be there so it is going to be like a mega zone conference with 5 zones. So Sister Smith has a beautiful voice. The assistants to the president know this and asked if we would sing. I said no but Sister Smith felt bad and now we are singing. I am not very excited about this. Zone conference will hopefully be really good.

This week Ryan and Alyssa came to church. They have been saying this for a couple of weeks but never showing. So when we saw them on Sunday we were all sorts of stoked. Now all we need to do if find a time to teach them when his parents aren't home.

Also another cool thing. There is a lady named Gayle who was baptized in May. Well her husband is all sorts of anti-mormon. He even left her for a while after she was baptized. Usually he is nice to the missionaries as long as they don't bring up religion to him which I totally understand. When missionaries usually go over he leaves the room but this time he stayed for the whole thing and only made one negative comment. I think that is progress somewhat. At least that might help with the tension in their home.

Ashley has stopped dodging us. We were able to have family home evening with her and a member in the ward. She really liked it and I think it rekindled her desire to learn. We have an appointment with her tomorrow and I really hope that she will start reading her scriptures again.

So Sister Smith and I are trying to be more bold and trying to talk to everyone. We have a game of sorts going on. Everyone time one of us talks to someone, not knocking on their door, we get a point and whoever has the least amount of points has to clean a toilet. Now this isn't just any ordinary toilet. It is a toilet in a house where elders have been living for the last 20 years and it probably hasn't been cleaned in a while. It is really grody. So the other day we were walking down the street and we saw a guy working on a car and Sister Smith goes up and starts talking to him. He told us he was a Baptist minister. I was a little scared because I thought he was going to start bashing on us. Well we had a really good conversation about the Holy Ghost or the Comforter. He thought because we don't believe in the trinity that we don't believe in the Holy Ghost. By the end of the conversation we were able to teach him that we do believe in the Holy Ghost. Over all it was a really good conversation. I just need to be more brave when it goes to talking to people on the street. Sister Smith is amazing at it.

Well I hope you all are having a good week and that it is spectacular!

Love
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment