Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday October 25,2010

Hola
This week was our zone conference. It wasn't a normal conference because Elder Packer from the Seventies was there so there were only two zone conferences in the whole mission with 5 zones at each conference. It was really good and Elder Packer looks like his father. We talked about different ways to be a better missionary. One of the ones that I really need to work on is asking better questions. I have noticed in our lessons that both Sister Smith and I talk to much while teaching and don't really involve the investigator enough. So to fix that we just need to ask questions more to see if they understand or what they think about what we are teaching them.
We also were taught about how the little things can ruin all our work. President Gardner showed us pictures of bark beetles. Now bark beetles are really a big problem here in Montana and they are destroying forrests. What they do is the burrow in a tree and then they just eat all the nutrients from around the inside of the bark and slowly cut off the tree from all their nutrients. These beetles are the size of a grain of rice and they are able to take down a huge tree. This can happen to us to. If we slowly are doing the small things that we aren't supposed to they can build up and ruin all of our efforts. We always have to be on watch because Satan knows how to trick us slowly and slowly to follow him. Where at first it may not seem to be a big deal eventually we are so far in we don't know how to get out.
Also at zone conference I met an elder that I had an American Sign Language class with in High School. At first he just started to talk to me because he heard I was from St. George. Well he looked kind of familiar to me so I asked him if he went to Dixie and then I thought perhaps he was in my ASL class and he was. Yeah I don't really remember him and he doesn't really remember me but it was still cool. I asked him if he knew Rashelle and he said he did and that we looked a like. Pretty small world.
The Gallegos moved this week. We were kind of sad that they moved but the elders in that area will take care of them. While we were teaching our last lesson to Aubrey before they moved I really wanted to make sure that she is involved in the lesson. It is kind of hard to do this because no matter what question you ask she always mumbles, "I don't know." But I was very determined. We started teaching her the third lesson, which is on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we started off with faith and she really wasn't responsive and wasn't even looking at us but just straight in front of her. As the lesson went on and we asked her more and more questions she started to look at us and then I even saw interest in her eyes. I don't like that she had really seemed interested before but this time she did. I know that the Holy Spirit was really touching her because you could just tell the difference. It was really an amazing experiences to see someone change from almost not caring to being interested and I know it was because she was feeling the Holy Ghost.
Dillon was baptized yesterday! I am just so excited for him because this was his choice. Really it was. His mom never makes him want to do anything religious that he doesn't want to do. I love how he choice and wanted to do this because it shows the power of the youth and how no matter what age you are you can choose to follow the Lord. We were able to get Dillon in a different primary class away from those that bully him and we had is new primary teacher baptize him. It was such a great experience and you could just see his spirit radiating. We first had a talk by Brother Thad Smith about baptism and it was really good and very appropriate for Dillon's age. While Brother Smith was speaking you could just see Dillon listening so intently. He really knew how special this occasion was. Then was his baptism and instead of the water being to cold appariantly it was really really hot. When we came up out of the water I looked over at his mother and could just see how proud she was of him. Hopefully this will start the path of her coming back to church as well. Then Sister Smith talked about the Holy Ghost, another good talk. Bishop Smith welcomed him to the ward and Sister Despain welcomed him to the primary. Even though Jaime's baptism was wonderful I think I enjoyed and really felt the Spirit more at this one because I know Dillon better and have actually taught him and seen how much he wants this. I just hope that he will always remember this experience and what he felt last night and always strive to follow the Savior. Next sunday he is going to receive the Holy Ghost and I just know that that will be an even more wonderful experience for him.
Next Sunday I have to give a talk in Sacrament meeting in one of our wards. I don't know the topic yet but hopefully it will go well. Pray for me.
Thanks for all your letters and support. I love you all.
Love,
Sister Jense

No comments:

Post a Comment