Hello all,
I am now in Montana and it is so nice. The first day that I got here the temperature was actually in the 90s! The weather definitely shocked me because I was expecting really cold weather. I don't think that this is normal but it is definitely weird.
My companion's name is Sister Smith and she is from Sacramento. This is her last transfer so in November she is going home and I am getting a new companion again. Usually though a missionary gets to stay with their trainer for two transfers. Hopefully I can get to know the area well enough so that when she leaves I don't get lost. We are serving in part of Billings called the Heights, it is on the eastern end of Billings. The people here are very nice and everything is going well. Being on the field is different then how I imagined it would be though. Overall I would say that I am getting the hang of it and I am become less nervous.
This weekend there was a baptism. Her name is Jaime Kollars and she is eight and half months pregnant. She is so amazing though and her testimony is so strong. I hope that everyone could have a testimony like hers because she is so strong and steadfast. Her husband was already a member but an inactive one and now they are planing to go to the temple in a year to get married. They are both so excited for that. The Spirit at her baptism was so strong and everyone so happy and that is why I decided to serve a mission to help bring people that happiness. The Lord truly blesses us when we turn to Him and He has definitely blessed Jaime and Royce.
We have started to teach this one family where everyone is baptized except the 13 year old daughter, Aubrey. She was supposed to get baptized last year with her sister but backed out because the crowd scared her. The family is really amazing. They didn't know what church to go to and what time so somehow they got the zone leaders phone number and called them. When we went over to visit them there attitude was they just wanted to come back to church so bad. It is great to see when people realize how important attending church is and how much it blesses their lives. We taught them, or Aubrey, the first lesson yesterday and set a baptismal date for November 6. Hopefully she goes through with it this time because everyone need the Holy Ghost especially at that age.
We share our car with an elder companionship in our district. This means that we have the car Friday-Monday and we walk or get rides from Tuesday-Thursday. Also something that is really interesting here is that there is antelope everywhere. I mean everywhere. You just drive down the street and there they are eating the grass in someones lawn. I will have to talk a picture and send it to you guys because it is crazy. Also there are no sidewalks anywhere. Even down one of the main streets they aren't there.
So far I would say that this has been a great experience and the Lord has truly blessed me. Also General Conference was amazing this weekend. I would have to say that Elder Holland's was one of my favorites. He is an amazing speaking. Also President Monson's on having more gratitude was amazing as well. Whenever he speaks the Spirit always testifies to me that he truly is a prophet of the Lord. So by following the prophet I want to thank you all for all your supoort. It really has meant a lot to me and I truly love you all. I hope everything is going well and that God is blessing your lives. I now have more time to email so email away.
I love you all!
Sister Jense

No comments:
Post a Comment