Hello!
This week we started to teach a new family. It is a family that we tracted into a couple of weeks ago and the father, Trevor, said we could come back. We tried back a couple of times and we finally made an appointment with both of them home. We taught them the first lesson up to prophets. We have to keep our lessons short because they have two small kids. Trevor and Alyssa are Methodists and so the idea of prophets was rather new to them and they didn't know how to take it. Alyssa brought up that anyone could claim they are a prophet and she could see why people wouldn't believe that. Sister Smith then brought up how no one believe that Noah was a prophet and they didn't believe what he said. That made Alyssa think and I think that she was a little more open to the idea of prophets. We left them a Restoration pamphlet and they said we could come back this week. So I hope that it will all go well because they are a pretty cool family.
This week was our wards Halloween party and one of the girls in the Skyview ward dressed up as Sister Smith. I am not going to lie I was pretty jealous.
Dillon received the Holy Ghost yesterday! After Sacrament meeting his teacher walked up and asked him if he was ready to go to primary and Dillon said he didn't know he was going and then the teacher, Brother Smith, just said, "Sure you are," and took him a long. I am so happy because Dillon received the Holy Ghost and he went to primary. Dillon is so amazing. I am just so happy for that kid.
Yesterday for Halloween we had to be in at dark so Sister Smith and I dragged our mattresses down stairs and made a fort. It was totally legit.
Sorry this email is short. We don't have a lot of time to email today because we are getting a new car!
Love
Sister Jensen
ps. Pray for Trevor and Alyssa. I just know that the gospel will bless their lives. I just hope they are ready.

No comments:
Post a Comment