Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mon, November 15, 2010


Hola
Big news of the week, I have survived my first transfer! Also I have two months under my belt. It is crazy to think that I have been out here this long because it seems like it has gone by so fast.
My new companion is great her name is Sister Nielson. We get along really well. I think that it might help that we both have red hair, even though somebody told us yesterday that we don't. She is from Oak City Utah which is by Delta which is in the center of the state. She has been out for 9 months and it is really nice having a companion that isn't going home soon.
At the beginning of the transfer I was really nervous because I didn't feel like I knew the area well enough. I kind of felt like I was starting my mission all over again because I had to re adapt to a new companion. So I will say that the first couple of days were not my favorite. But then we just started to get used to each other and it was less awkward then I realized that I did know the area. Everything is going really well now. She is a lot more bold than Sister Smith was and I am really grateful for that because I wanted to be bold last transfer but I didn't want to skonk my trainer. Now I don't have to worry about being bold because Sister Nielson is bold too. I also think that this is what the area needs right now. We have a lot of investigators that just aren't progressing and they need someone to be bold with them and ask them straight up what is going on.
We are still teaching Trevor and Alyssa. We went by this week and just Alyssa was home. We talked about the Book of Mormon and kind of touched on our purpose here on earth. All of her questions can be answered with the gospel. It is hard to teach them though because they have two really rambunctious children and when mom and dad aren't paying attention to them the demand it. But no worries we will just teach them slowly but surely.
The other day when we were trying some potentials and we had one for a Crystal and a certain address. So we go to that address and it turns out that a Crystal doesn't live there and that the people that lived there before didn't have a Crystal. While we were talking to the guy, Jim, that lived there we found out that he is a less active member. We talked to him for a while and we committed him to read the Book of Mormon and he says that he will come to church on Sunday. Later that night I looked over the records to see if I had written Crystal's address down wrong but nope it was what I had wrote. I think that God had us go there at that time to help Jim. Sister Smith and I had gone there before but no one had answered and when Sister Nielson and I went he had gotten off work early. With the Lord there are no coincidences and he has us go places where the people are ready. They may not know it yet but the Lord will never led us astray.
Ok so now I am going to ask you guys for a favor. Being on a mission really helps you see how important member missionary work is. It is through the members that we get the best referrals. It is through the members that the investigators and converts can make lasting friendships. So this week will each one of you make a list of everyone you know who isn't a member and then pray about who you can help bring into the gospel. If you do this sincerely I know that the Lord will prompt you of who you can help. D&C 18:10-17 The blessings of the gospel are too great for us to keep to ourselves. Reach out and share. Also help out the missionaries in your area as much as possible. If you are a male and there are elders in your area volunteer to go out with them and the same goes for sisters and females. Just by going with them and bearing your testimony will be a great blessing and you will see your own testimony grow.
I love you all and hope you are all doing well.
Love
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment