Hello
So this week my trainer, my mother, leaves to go home. I am very sad that she is leaving. She has been a great companion and I will miss her terribly. I have learned so much from her and she is a lot of fun. Sister Smith will always have a place in my heart. She is from California so she will be going there. In January she will go back up to BYU-Idaho for her last semester. She says that she will come and visit the mission so I will most likely be able to see her again soon.
My new companion's name is Sister Nielson. I haven't met her yet but Sister Smith has served with her before and says that she is really amazing. I sure hope so. Also she has red curly hair and I am not going to lie I am kind of envious. Can you imagine how cute her kids are going to be?
This week we have done a lot of tracting and contacting. We had one person who said that we could come back when his wife gets back in 5 days. He probably thinks we won't come back but we are. We are kind of low on people that we are teaching because all of our progressing investigators got baptized. Some of the investigators that are in the area book I haven't even met this transfer so we will see how that goes with the next transfer coming up.
The other day we went over to Trevor's house to set up another appointment. His wife, Alyssa we finally got her name, answered the door and told us on Sunday Olivia had asked her, "Are the girls coming over today?" I thought that was so cute. So we have an appointment with them on Wednesday. I think that perhaps this is a good sign that she was very open to us coming back another time. I have faith that this family will see the truth of the message we bring them.
Aubrey was baptized on Saturday. It was really good and Sister Smith and I were happy that we could go even though the Gallegos moved out of our area. Aubrey was pretty nervous but she went through and you could really feel the Spirit there. I am so proud of her and for her family. They are going through a really hard time right now and they could just turn away from God and the church but instead they are turning to God. I know that that will make the biggest difference because God will help them through their trial. We also went to their Sacrament meeting yesterday to witness her receiving the Holy Ghost. Again the Spirit was very strong.
This transfer I have been able to witness 4 baptisms in my area and also Aubrey's and the amazing thing is that all of those except for one were youth baptisms. The power and strength of the youth is so strong. It is amazing to see their strong testimonies at a young age. It is helpful to see because if they can be so strong and choose to follow the Lord at a young age then I see that I can make sure that my testimony is rock solid as well.
So the weather here is very interesting. For the most part it has been really warm and not at all the norm for October and November. It makes walking outside really nice because we don't freeze out. Some people have told us that this week or this coming up weekend that it is going to snow. I finally go some boots so I might be prepared but I don't know. The lady that we live with has already put up her Christmas decorations.
We had one elder that was transfered into our area about three weeks ago and now is being transfered to another area. At first he was kind of a sister hater because the person who trained him was a sister hater. I think that being in a car share with Sister Smith and I really helped to fix that because he says that he is no longer a sister hater. I can understand why some elders don't like some sisters but just because I don't like some elders doesn't mean that I am going to dislike all the elders.
Well I hope you all have a good week and that everything is going well.
Love
Sister Jense
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment