Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mon, November 29, 2010

Dear Family
I just want to start off by saying how much I love you guys. I was looking through the pictures that Mom and Amber sent me of Savannah and this morning I was looking at the picture of us at Amber's wedding and I was hit with how much I love and miss you. Thank you for your emails and letters they really do brighten my day. Holidays are a hard time to be away from home but I can just imagine how hard it is for Heavenly Father to send us here to earth our stay here is much longer than my stay here in Montana. I hope all is going well and that your Thanksgiving was good.
This week Trevor and Alyssa dropped us. Alyssa said that they were comfortable in their church and while they enjoy our visits they are fine where they are.
We committed Leon to baptism this week and he told us he was already baptized. We then taught him about how we need to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God. We also asked him if he thought the church was true and he said he didn't know so we committed him to pray about it and on Wednesday when we see him again we will talk about the answer he received. I hope that he recognizes the answer he receives and decides to be baptized. That would be so amazing. We found the best time to catch him is in the mornings because he doesn't fall asleep on us then.
Also an interesting thing happened this week. A former investigator from last year called us randomly one day. She must have kept the missionaries phone number from when the elders were in this area. So we went over there and visited her. She didn't necessarily want to take the lessons again but were wondering if some of the church members could help her around her house. The reason she called us was because she felt that out of all the people on the world she could trust Mormons coming in her house. Carol is a very interesting character but she is very nice.
This past week the temperature got to -14. It was very very cold and Sister Nielson and I were privileged to not have the car that day. We were lucky to have some really good members that gave us some rides but we did walk a lot too. It was very cold. I was thinking how whenever I go back down to St. George and I complain that I am going to have a heat stroke and die I think that I would still take the -14 to the 114. We received a lot of snow this week and I very grateful that I have boots and the lizard coat.
Our Thanksgiving went well. In the morning we ate breakfast and played games with the elders and then for the Thanksgiving feast we went to Bishop's Stott's house. Now in the Lake Hills ward there are like a billion Stotts and they were all there so it was a pretty good get together. The only thing that was sad was they didn't have any pie. Now I know I am not the biggest pie lover but Thanksgiving without pie is almost as bad as having Thanksgiving with no turkey. We played on game that I think our family would love. It is called, "In a pickle" and pretty much you just make things up the whole game. It is pretty ridiculous but I think perfect for our family.
Sister Nielson is pretty cool. It is strange to think that it has already been three weeks into the transfer and that it is half way over. I hope that President doesn't transfer either one of us at the end of this transfer. I would love to be able to serve with her again.
Oh yeah I may or may not have cut my hair.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you don't get into too much trouble.
Love you lots,
Sister Jense

No comments:

Post a Comment